Helambu Trek – Short trek near by Kathmandu
Helambu Trek – A Short Trek
Helambu Trek is a good short trek near from Kathmandu valley; this region is relatively un-spoilt. The Hyolmo culture and Hyolmoli peoples and different types of rhododendron and Bamboo forest. Amazing views of high snow-capped mountain peaks. Majestic waterfall and Buddhist beautiful monasteries, Mani walls, Stupas, and Pray flags in passes.
Because of the border of Tibet and Tibetan culture peoples seems like Tibetan but living in the Helambu region they are Nepalese. Being the descendant of the Tibetan origin so they still look like the Tibetan. This all part makes Helambu trek is one of the diverse treks nearby Kathmandu.
This Helambu Trek starts from Sundarigal, after one and half hours drive from the heart of Kathmandu, Thamel. Hike inside the Shivapuri National Park and follow Chisapani, Kutumsang, Thadipati, and Sermathang. And at last, Trek ends a drive from Melamchi Pul Bazar to Kathmandu.
Best Time To Travel in Helambu Region.
- Autumn – September, October, November.
- Spring – March, April, and May are the best time to do a trek in Helambu.
- Winter – December, January, and February also good for Helambu Trek, but quite colder than other time.
HELAMBU TREKKING ITINERARY.
- Day: Drive Kathmandu to Sundarijal. Trek to Chisapani.
- Day: Trek to Kutumsang.
- Day: Trek to Thare Pati.
- Day: Trek to Tarke Gyang.
- Day: Trek to Sermathang.
- Day: Trek to Melamchi. Drive to Kathmandu.
- Day: Visit an Orphanage in Kathmandu
- Day: Fly back home.
Hotel in Kathmandu.
Lodge/ Guest House/ Tea House/ Homestay during the trek.
This itinerary is our tailor-made program for Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek. Days in the trek is always flexible it can increase and decrease depending on your holiday length schedule and choice. If you are thinking about some change please email us at email@example.com.
Day 1: Drive Kathmandu to Sundarijal. Trek to Chisapani.
Day 2: Trek to Kutumsang.
Day 3: Trek to Thare Pati.
Day 4: Trek to Tarke Gyang.
Day 5: Trek to Sermathang.
Day 6: Trek to Melamchi. Drive to Kathmandu.
Day 7: Visit in an Orphanage in Kathmandu
Day 8: Fly back to home.
- All accommodation in hotel in cities
- All Ground transportation
- Kathmandu sightseeing with city tour guide
- Full board meal during the trekking
- Govt. trained guide and necessary no. of porters with their insurance, salary, and meals
- One cultural show and dinner
- All entry fees and TIMS permit
- Accommodation during trek
- Sleeping bag and Down jacket for trek
- International Flight
- Major meals in Cities
- Monuments entrance fees
- All personal expenses such as bar bills, beverage, snacks etc.
- Airport tax
- Extra shower, battery re-charge, laundry charge etc.
- Personal clothing and gears
- Tips to guide and porter
- Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness which are not under our control.
Good standard trekking boots
Shorts (both casual and for treks)
Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
Camera & lenses
GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
Book/music player/pack of cards
A plastic bag for waste
The following equipment are needed during the Climbing period: -
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore - Tex Jackets)
We advise travel insurance to all travelers are interested of trekking in Nepal. Trekking in Nepal is walking in the trail (path) of mountains. In mountain areas health treatment facilities are not standard. There are less available of good hospitals and doctors. So if in case the trekker suffers from severe sickness, he should bring to Kathmandu by helicopter for better treatment. And the helicopter charter fare is expensive in Nepal. If you have already travel insurance, your money will be saved.
When selecting a travel insurance policy we require that at a minimum you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. We JRN Treks and Expeditions Pvt. Ltd. shall have no liability for loss, theft of or damage to baggage or personal effects.
We also let you know that Nepalese Insurance Company does not have travel insurance policy for foreign nationals. They have this policy only for Nepalese citizens. So we advise you do your travel insurance with Insurance Company in your own place.
0 Reviews on Helambu Trek – Short trek near by Kathmandu View All